Released in 2011
The Axis Comet glider (EN-B/LTF B), is aimed at beginner XC and novice pilots, who demand high passive safety without compromises in performance. The Axis team constructed this glider with all the knowledge obtained from Axis Vega III development.
The basic shape is narrow ellipse (flat aspect ratio of 5.61), suspended on 3 and ½ rows of lines (same as on Vega III). Better glide ratio and top speed were achieved by reduction in line consumption and the use of unsheathed lines for middle and upper cascades.
The new profile has been designed with increased overall safety and handling characteristics in mind. Axis Comet glider has been built using modern technologies such as: leading edge reinforcements, ball-rolling pulleys for smoother speed system, high-quality materials and canopy fabrics by Porcher Marine.
- Leading edge – S9092 E85A Evolution (45 g/m), the rest – S9017 E77A Water repelent (40 g/m)
- Ribs – S9017 E29A Hard finish (39 g/m) choosen for its low stretch that ensures long life with limited changes in originally designer shape
- Reinforcement tapes – S6382 mylar
- Leading edge reinforcements – polyamide rods
- Combinations of Liros dynema (A + B rows) and Cousin vectran (C + D rows) line materials to increase the correct trim life span by 30%.
- Middle and upper cascades are done from usheated materials of 100, 120 and 160 daN for less resistance.
- Very stable and durable PPSL sheathed Liros dynema 160 and 200 daN strenghts.
- Risers are from no-stretch Guth-and-Wolf 20 mm webbing, with progressive speed system which at first enables greater forward speed and then higher stability in lower angle of attack configuration.
- Risers are equipped with ball bearing Harken pulleys and regular Riley pulleys as well.