Released in 2003
Vega is a flagship of AXIS – it is a sporty wing that combines high performance reserved for higher class gliders with the safety of the standard class. A couple months after its debut – as a suprise for all the designers – Vega (with Mercury) took leading positions in the rankings and at the same time a significant part of the local market.
Because of a high stability of canopy and easy to learn reactions (needed in dangerous situatons) Vega received Standard classification at AFNOR testing, presenting performance and steering characteristics of wings of higher classification. Vega is a fast, dynamic, but also stable and predictable glider. For some pilots it can be a final glider because of ideal combination of performance and safety.
Vega is a glider made specially for regular x-country pilots, for pilots who appreciate safety of serial gliders, for pilots flying recreationally but with experience. Vega is mostly chosen as a second or third glider in pilot`s carrier.
Axis Vega is a performance glider for XC flying with Afnor Standard homologation.
- full diagonal system (same as Venus and our competition glider Mercury)
- mylar reinforcement tapes on leading edge and trailing edge preventing oscillation
- split A-risers for better launching and acceleration
- progressive speed system
- top glide and high speed combination with great safety
- perfect “axis handling” and glider-pilot feedback
Wing`s canopy is based on the technology of diagonal reinforcement, every third rib is reinforced. This and a special line system helped to reduce the length of main lines. Vega has a special Differencial Speed System, which helps to obtain low sink rate at 1/2 – 1/3 speed, and high maximum speed ( 56km/h) at full speed with relatively high stability.
Canopy is also reinforced by tapes connecting attachment points. All the stitching is on the inside of the canopy for greater protection.
Upper and lower surface :
– Colours : Skytex New 9017 40g/m2 with E77A “watter repellent” finish
– White : Skytex New 9017 40g/m2 with E38A “medium” finish
Profile – ribs (white) :
– Skytex New 9017 40g/m2 with E29A “hard finish”
– Skytex New 9017 40g/m2 with E38A “medium” finish